Jesus is our food and water! Just as we need physical elements to keep our bodies alive, we need God and His word to maintain our spiritual health. These crafts remind students of how important that is. A “Bread of Life Collage” compares food to spiritual hunger and satisfaction. A “Cup Overflowing” recounts the living water of Christ and doubles as a verse memorization tool. Let’s get crafting!
Never Thirst Again! Craft Ideas for Jesus and the Woman at the Well
Don’t miss all our Bible teaching ideas on the Woman at the Well: Craft activities, Children’s Sermon, Bible Teaching Ideas, complete Sunday School lesson, and more children’s ministry ideas.
Craft one: “Cup Overflowing” Memory Tool
You will need:
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Cups (Styrofoam or plastic)
- Markers or decorating materials
- Hole punch
- String, yarn, or ribbon
- Decorate the outside of the cup with verses or captions, adding stickers or extra elements as desired.
- Cut construction paper or cardstock into water drop shapes.
- On the “water drops”, write out the words to one of the Bible verses, placing a few words on each drop to write out the entire verse.
- Hole punch the water drops, and place them on the string or ribbon.
- Place the string with water drops inside the cup. Additional option: place another cup inside the first, as a “bucket” to draw the “drops” up and practice the memory verse.
Craft Two: “Bread of Life Collage”
You will need:
- Paper or cardstock
- Magazines with pictures of food
- Paper plates
- Glue and/or tape
- Decorative materials (markers, crayons, stickers)
1. Cut several pictures of food out of magazines.
2. On one side of the paper plate, glue or tape the food pictures, and add a caption about food and the physical connection of food and nourishment.
3. On the other side of the plate, add verses and captions about Christ, and include a cross.
4. Place additional decorations on the plate. If desired, attach a ribbon or string to hang the decorative collage and remember the true “bread” and source of life, Jesus!
Verses or Captions to Consider… (John 4:4-52)
Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” -John 4:13-14
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.
Food is good for the body… but spiritual food comes from Jesus!
Jesus is the living water!
Never thirst again!
Water of Life…Jesus!