February is a great time to talk about Love, especially what God says about Love in the Bible. Use these Valentines Day Sunday School lessons to make sure kids learn about the love of Jesus in your children’s church. Choose from the free pdf lesson plans below and then scroll down for even more teaching activities about God’s love.
Valentine’s Day Sunday School Lesson (God’s Sticky Eternal Love)
Valentine’s Day Children’s Church Lesson (1 Corinthians 3)
This Bible lesson on love is shorter and more flexible for various age-groups. It’s based on 1 Corinthians 13 and will help kids understand how God defines real love in the Bible and through the example of Jesus Christ. We’ve included bonus coloring pages to help you prepare.
“Jesus Loves Me” Sunday School Song
More Love Themed / Bible Lessons for Valentine’s Day
- Conversations with God (Jeremiah 31:33)
- Lesson “Love One Another” from John 13:34
- Jesus Said Love Your Neighbors Lesson Plan – The second greatest commandment in the Bible, and something timely to teach in Sunday School for Valentine’s Day.
- Jesus Said Love Your Enemies Lesson Plan (Matthew 5:38-48 ) – Kids will learn about Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan and what it teaches us about loving other people who are not like us.
- God Looks at the Heart Lesson (from 1 Samuel 16:1-13) – What matters to God is on the inside. Use this lesson plan to remind children of that important truth.
- Preschool Bible Lesson “God is Love” – try this lesson plan for younger kids, includes an art project
- God’s Big Love Object Lessons – use these to help kids understand the greatness of God’s love
- What Does God Love? – Sunday School lesson for older children or preteens
- Valentine’s Object Lesson – Tootsie Roll Pop
Valentine’s Day Activities for Children’s Church
- 1 Corinthians 13 Letter Tracing Worksheets
- Printable Valentine’s Cards with Bible Verses (included in download above)
- Learn about Love Printable Worksheets (included in download above)
- Teaching Skit – The Good Samaritan “Love Your Neighbor”
- Bible Puzzle Worksheet about Love
- February Bible Reading Calendar (Focused on Gods Love)
- 1 Corinthians 13 song for children (included in download above)
- Printable Booklet – Who do I love? Who loves me? (included in download above)
- 4 Valentine Party Game Ideas
- Printable “Jesus Loves Me” Bingo Game
- “I Love Jesus” Printable Game
- Couples in the Bible – Matching Cards Game
- 2 Valentine’s Day activity games for children
- Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt – this is a fun way to teach kids about God’s love
- Here are a few more game ideas for Valentine’s Day in children’s church.
Bible Verses on Love
There are so many important Bible verses about love. Here are a few that we love using when we build lessons and activities for children.
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
1 John 4:7-12
Dear friends: let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8; 13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails…. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.