Most Christian parents and Sunday School teachers say that Bible memorization is important for children. It helps kids hide God’s Word in their heart and builds a framework for interpreting life.
Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
- Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God proves true.
- Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- Matthew 22:39 You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.
- Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God.
- Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 139:14 – I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Isaiah 43:5 Do not be afraid for I am with you.
- Psalm 1:6 – The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
Find more Bible verses for Kids at Ministry-To-Children.com
Easy Bible Verses Handwriting Worksheets
We used the free tool from Create Printables to make add some of the shorter verses to these handwriting worksheets. This is a great way to help younger kindergarten and preschool children practice their writing skills while learning Bible memory verses.
One simple way to help kids memorize Bible verses is to repeat the verse often. You can also write out the verse, and play a Bible memory game. Another way to help kids learn Bible verses is to use hand motions.
Verses for Kids on the Lord Jesus Christ
Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
2 Corinthians 1:19 – For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was proclaimed among you by me and Silvanus and Timothy, was not “Yes” and “No,” but in Him it has always been “Yes.”
2 Corinthians 1:20 – For all the promises of God are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him, our “Amen” is spoken to the glory of God.
Jude 1:25 – to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority through Jesus Christ our Lord before all time, and now, and for all eternity. Amen.
Romans 5:6 – For at just the right time, while we were still powerless, Christ Jesus died for the ungodly.
Romans 8:1 – Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
More Quick Bible Memory Verses for Kids
See our list of Short Bible verses for kids to memorize:
What’s your favorite Bible verses for kids? Leave a comment below to share your favorite short Bible verse.
What are some simple ways to help kids memorize Bible verses?
One simple way to help kids memorize Bible verses is to have them repeat the verse often. This helps the verse stick in their minds. Another way to help them memorize verses is to have them write out the verse. This will help imprint the verse in their mind. A third way to help kids remember verses is to play a bible memory game. This can be a fun way for kids to learn and remember scripture. Finally, you can also use hand motions with kids when teaching them easy Bible verses. This will make it easier for them to remember what the verse says.
More Easy Bible Verses for Kids
- “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
- “Be still, and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10
- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” – Psalm 23:1
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
- Deuteronomy 6:5-6: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.”
- Psalm 23:1-3: “The Lord is my shepherd; I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
- John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Kids Bible Verses about God’s Love
1 John 4:8 – “God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”
John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” – John 3:17
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -Matthew 28:19-20
“God is love.” 1 John 4:8
This is a powerful Bible verse for kids because it has three short words. What could be more simple for children to memorize. This truth from God’s Word will encourage them in everyday life as the Holy Spirit whispers this memory verse. What a perfect gift to share with a child!