Welcome to this free Bible lesson on the passage of John 14:1-14. This lesson is designed for children between the ages of 2 and 4 years old to introduce them to the love of Jesus and his role as the way, the truth, and the life. Through simple illustrations and interactive activities, children will learn that Jesus loves them, is always with them, and is the path to his Father’s house. This lesson aims to provide a solid foundation of faith in young children, helping them to understand that Jesus is their guide and friend. May this lesson bring joy and understanding to both the children and those who teach them.
Title: Jesus is Our Way
Objective: Teach young children that Jesus loves them and is there to guide them.
Materials: Simple illustrations of a house, Jesus, and the disciples (Thomas and Philip), as well as a heart shape to represent love.
John 14:1-14 Preschool Lesson:
- Begin by gathering the children in a circle and showing them the illustration of a house. Explain that this is a very special house because it belongs to Jesus’ Father.
- Show the children the picture of Jesus and tell them that Jesus loves them very much. He wants to help them find their way to his Father’s house.
- Show the illustration of the disciples, Thomas and Philip, and explain that they were Jesus’ friends who learned from him. Just like the disciples, the children can learn from Jesus too.
- Hold up the heart shape and remind the children that Jesus tells us not to be sad or worried because he loves us and will always be with us.
- Teach the children a simple, age-appropriate phrase from John 14:6, such as, “Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.” Encourage them to repeat it with you.
- End the lesson with a short, simple prayer thanking Jesus for his love and asking him to guide the children and their families.
Have the children create a simple craft to remember the lesson. Provide each child with a paper heart and have them color it. Assist them in writing “Jesus is the way” on the heart. Encourage them to take their craft home and share what they learned with their families.
Remind the children that Jesus loves them, and he is the way to his Father’s house. Encourage them to remember this lesson and share it with their friends and family.